Bird-X TAPE-25 Irri-Tape Bird Repellent Ribbon (Lawn & Patio)
The Bird-X Irri-Tape is easy to use and quite durable. It is a great, cheap solution to rummaging, dirty pesky birds.
How does Irri-Tape work?
Irri-Tape is placed over an area by either hanging it up or sticking it on a surface. The Irri-Tape itself isn’t adhesive so you must stick it up with duct/sticky/masking tape.
Irri-Tape is best when placed in a sunny area. In the light the reflective image on the tape is like broken pieces of mirror, they flash all types of colour and sparkle everywhere. The erratic flashing movement irritates the birds and keeps them away.
Irri-Tape also creates a sound. If the birds are close enough they will also hear the tape in the wind, which sounds like rain on a tin roof to us, but irritates birds and keeps them away.
The Irri-tape bird repellent ribbon will
- Stop birds hitting windows if you have big windows.
- Keeps birds off decks, pergolas, and balconies.
- Deter birds from loitering in a particular area
The Irri-tape bird repellent ribbon works best against
- Birds in migration
- Birds who haven’t nested and aren’t already regularly feeding in an area
(The Irri-Tape also works for. vultures, sparrows, and robins)
Conditions the Irri-tape bird repellent ribbon works best in:
- Breezy (Slight continual breeze)
- Tape is only 7.6metres (25 feet long), you will need most likely need a few to cover any reasonable area.
- In harsh winds the tape can break, 1 metre (3 foot) long pieces are recommended.
- Will last about a year on average, before breaking and losing its reflective shine.
The Irri-Tape usually retails for around $12-15, but can be found here for $8.